Published on December 7th, 2015 | by William Charles2
American Express Hilton Surpass 80,000 Point Bonus Offer
- American Express have increased the sign up bonus on the Hilton HHonors Surpass card to 80,000 points if you spend $3,000 or more within three months of account opening
The Fine Print
- Annual fee of $75 is not waived
- American Express personal cards are not churnable. Welcome bonus is not available to those who have or who have had this card in the past.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 12x points per dollar on purchases with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 6x points per dollar U.S restaurants [read: best credit cards for restaurant purchases]
- 6x points per dollar at U.S supermarkets [read: best credit cards for grocery store spend]
- 6x points per dollar at U.S gas stations [read: best credit cards for gas station purchases]
- 3x points per dollar on all other purchases [read: best credit cards for every day spend]
- Card comes with complimentary gold status, if you spend $40,000 or more in a calendar year you will receive HHonors Diamond status through the end of next year
- Free priority pass membership
The standard offer on this card is 60,000 points, but it’s increased to 80,000 points on a fairly regular basis (April 1st this year and late December last year). 80,000 points is the highest it’s ever been, so now would be a good time to get it if you’re in need of Hilton points.
I’d highly recommend reading our post on things you should know about American Express cards before you apply for one. Especially the fact that you can only get the bonuses on the personal cards once per lifetime.
Hat tip to Frequent Miler