Published on October 23rd, 2019 | by William Charles1,498
[Dead] American Express Pre-Approval Referral Offers (No Lifetime Language)
Update 10/23/19: As the comments & Milenomics point out, it’s no longer possible to refer people to these offers. If you’ve already e-mailed the link it should still work, just double check the offer and I’d apply ASAP.
Direct link to offer (you then need to click through to the individual cards and see if you have ‘refer friends for a pre-approved offer’)
- American Express is offering some cardholders the ability to send out pre-approval referral offers to friends & family. The nice thing about these offers is that they have no lifetime language. The offers available seem to be:
- American Express Personal Platinum: 60,000 points after $5,000 in spend within three months
- American Express Hilton Aspire: 150,000 points after $4,000 within three months
- American Express Bonvoy Brilliant: 75,000 points after $3,000 within three months
- American Express Hilton Surpass
- American Express Hilton, No Annual Fee
The Fine Print
- Valid until early 2021
Feel free to share your e-mail in the comment below if you want one of these offers, the people that can refer can then choose who they want to share their offer with. Remember you can only refer two people per card so make sure you choose people that you think will actually use the offer. Because these offers have no lifetime language I suspect they will be extremely popular. Keep in mind that they won’t get around other restrictions (for example the restriction on the Marriott cards). We saw a similar thing offered earlier in the year. Also make sure any offers e-mailed to you have the no lifetime language missing, unfortunately there are always some people who try to just send regular referrals.
Update: again, please only leave a referral if you WANT an offer, not if you HAVE an offer; those will be removed. Also, do not add a request in a thread – put requests as top line comments only. All discussion about Gold cards and other cards have been removed as well since there are no NLL offers on cards other than Platinum personal, Hilton, and Bonvoy.
Hat tip to Milenomics