Published on June 30th, 2014 | by William Charles7
AmEx Offer: Buy $200 American Express Gift Cards, Receive $10 Statement Credit
- Spend a total of $200 or more at http://www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards/ and receive a $10 statement credit. This is an AmEx offer, click here to learn more about American Express offers.
The Fine Print
- Available via Twitter, #AmexGiftCard
- Promotion ends July 30th, or whenever the allocated number of promotions fills up
- Excludes logo & gift cheque purchases
- Merchant does not deliver/ship to HI or VT
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/30/14
- Purchase fee of $3.95 applies
- Shipping fee of $8.95 applies
- Codes to save on shipping/purchase fees:
- DGPCM will remove the purchase fee.
- FSGRAD will remove the shipping fee
- SYNCGIFT will remove the purchase fee
- View frequent milers post on the ultimate shipping code
- Extra cash back, the following shopping portals are currently earning cash back on American Express gift cards. It might be worth trying to use one of them to get cash back:
This is a quick little money maker, how much you’ll make will depend if the shopping portals track these purchases correctly or not. Unloading American Express gift cards is much harder than unloading Visa or MasterCard gift cards, worst case scenario you can use them for actual purchases. If you’re going to do this deal multiple times (with different credit cards) I’d recommend finding a manufactured spending method that works, click here for our overview on MS or here to read our MS category.
How Profit Is This Deal
- $200 gift card purchase
- $10 statement credit (+$10)
- $8.95 shipping fee (waived with coupon)
- $3.95 purchase fee (waived with coupon)
- 3% cash back (+$6)
- Credit Card rewards (+$2-$4)
At best you’ll make $20 per offer assuming you pay no fees (this would require you to have premium shipping plan and use a coupon to waive the purchase fee) and the cash back portals track. I’ll do this across four different cards, so hopefully this is an easy $80. I’ve added this to my list of ways I’ve made money in 2014.
HT to Chuck, who did this guest post on a previous Dunkin Donuts deal