Published on October 26th, 2015 | by Chuck14
Amex Offers: $10 Off $75 on Cellular Bill [Targeted]
- Enroll your eligible Card & pay your cell phone bill of $75+ online at these major US Carriers (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular or Verizon) by 1/31/16 & get $10 back. This offer can be repeated a second time.
This offer is showing on many Amex cards. I see it on more than half of mine.
The Fine Print
- Valid for cell phone bill payments made directly with T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T Wireless, US Cellular and Verizon online and via mobile app.
- Other services, if bundled with wireless bill payment, may be eligible.
- Payments for prepaid cell phone purchases, plans or services do not qualify.
- Limit 2 statement credits.
- Payments made via phone, mail, or at retail locations do not qualify.
This is a pretty nice discount, although they’ve had better in the past. Many people have been moving to prepaid plans and those aren’t eligible according to the terms. If anyone has success with a prepaid plan let us know – it really just depends whether the payment is processed differently. Most likely, it really won’t work for prepaid.
Another issue many have is if their cellular bill is less than $75. The terms sound like the $75+ has to be in one transaction. A workaround is to overpay your cell bill, which will prepay it for the next month, and this will trigger the offer. It may be that some providers won’t allow overpayment, but it definitely works with some.
Along these lines, a few days before 1/31/16, you can prepay your next few months (or however long you are comfortable with) of your cellular bill and lock in the discount that way for the future. Should you decide to cancel this service sometime in the future, you should be able to get a refund without a problem so there isn’t any real risk in doing so.
If your bill is more than $75, you can make exact $75 payments to maximize this offer.
Be sure to use the multi-tab trick to save this offer on multiple cards if you think you’ll need more than $150 of payments which is the limit per card.
There’s another offer to get $10 off $50 on Cable or Satellite bill. See also our recent roundup of current Amex Offers.