Published on June 2nd, 2015 | by Chuck26
Amex Offers: 20% Off Lots of Gift Cards (Amazon, Gas, etc.) at Dollar General Now Publicly Available
We posted this deal yesterday as a targeted offer. Now we’re reposting it since it’s publicly available for signup via Twitter. We’ve updated the post with some additional info as well.
- Spend $25 at Dollar General with your registered Amex card and receive a $5 statement credit.
This offer is showing in some Amex logins and is available via Twitter by tweeting #AmexDollarGen from a connected Twitter account.
Dollar General has a wide variety of goods they sell including regular grocery-type items. They also have a nice supply of gift cards they sell. This will allow us to get a 20% discount at any of those various stores.
Dollar General carries Amazon gift cards as well as Visa, gas, and restaurant gift cards. Here’s a list of some interesting gift cards they carry, taken from MilesToMemories (who also posted photos as well):
- $25 Vanilla Visa with a $3.95 fee
- $50 Vanilla Visa with a $4.95 fee
- Variable Vanilla Visas (up to $500) with a $4.95 fee
- $25 Shell Gift Cards
- Variable load Amazon gift cards (up to $500)
- $50 BP Gift Cards
- Expires 8/31/15
- In-store only
A 20% discount is nice, the issue is that it’s only $25 per card which makes it a hassle to deal with. You should be able to split the payment of one gift card or order between multiple Amex cards. Let us know how many cards you were able to split it between in one transaction.
There’s also some interesting coupons available if you sign up for DG Digital Coupons. The have a coupon or $3.95 off a Paypal Cash card and 20% off Applebees or iHop gift cards. Also, $2 off a purchase of $10 and 10% off AT&T phone cards.
There is a stated limit of one offer per customer so these things don’t seem scalable. And remember to clip the coupon first and enter your phone number at checkout.
As always, make sure that the final cost after all coupons is $25 so that it will trigger the Amex Offer.
Other New Amex Offers
- Spend $40 at Orchard Supply Hardware and receive a $10 statement credit.
- Spend $100 at Onekingslane.com and receive a $20 statement credit.
See these posts to learn more about Amex Offers:
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?