Published on November 1st, 2017 | by Chuck48
[Expired] Amex Offers: $25 off $250 at Best Buy
This deal has expired and is unfortunately no longer available. Never miss another deal again by signing up for free and instant notifications of new posts.
Amex released another one of their twice-annual Best Buy offers. Here are the two versions of the offer:
- Spend $250 at Best Buy or bestbuy.com and get $25 back as a statement credit
- Spend $250 at Best Buy or bestbuy.com and get 2,500 Membership Rewards points
The Fine Print
- Expires 12/31/17
- Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories
- Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes corporate gift card purchases.
- Excludes Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Private Store & Auction or at standalone Pacific Sales stores
This offer isn’t (yet?) available via Twitter, it’s showing on many cards in the login. Personally, my cash cards got this offer, but none of my points cards got it.
This is from the more useful Amex Offers since Best Buy stores, and even bestbuy.com, sell numerous gift cards which make it easier to maximize the offer. Check out this comprehensive post Everything you ever wanted to know about Buying Gift Cards at Best Buy to learn more about which gift cards to buy at Best Buy in-store or online. Options include $200 Visa gift cards for $205.95, eBay gift cards, gas gift cards, restaurant gift cards, and more. The options are slimmer online, but they do now have eBay and dining gift cards (Starbucks, etc.) online. You can also buy Best Buy physical gift cards to trigger the offer (single $250 Best Buy gift card can be found here).
You can split up a charge with up to 10 different credit cards in Best Buy stores. Online you’re limited to using one card per order.
There aren’t any easy resell ideas here, but still useful for regular use at 10% off + points. And of course it could be useful for buying electronics too. Best Buy will usually match competitors prices so you can get a really good deal by adding this 10% off.
- Remember to Shopkick when you make Best Buy purchases
- Remember to go through a shopping portal for online purchases (might not work for gift cards)
- Get double MR points at Best Buy by saving a separate Amex Offer
- Get up to 2.5% back in Best Buy Rewards on your purchases, even gift card purchases