Published on July 3rd, 2014 | by William Charles5
AmEx Offers: $25 Statement Credit When You Spend $25+ At Costco
American Express has released a new offer, this time for Costco. The deal is as follows:
- Spend $25+ at Costco and receive a $25 statement credit on your enrolled card
You can use #AmexCostco to enroll in this offer (doesn’t appear to be active yet). You can also use the multi-tab trick to enroll multiple cards in this offer. Costco sells $25 gift cards and there doesn’t look to be any gift card exclusions, these gift cards have a high resale value (~90%) so this is almost all profit. Here is a breakdown:
- Purchase $25 Costco gift card with enrolled AmEx card
- Receive $25 statement credit
- Receive credit card rewards points
- Sell $25 Costco gift card. Best option is Cardpool (89%) and make sure to sell it through TopCashBack [this is a referral link] to get an additional 4% (bringing the total to ~92.5%)
- Total profit: $23.125 + rewards points/cash
Alternatively you could just purchase $25 worth of products at Costco, they have good prices so why not. This offer doesn’t look like it’s available on everybody’s account, but it’s well worth keeping an eye out for. If you’re new to AmEx offers, we’d recommend reading through this guide.
The Fine Print
- Online, gas, pharmacy & travel purchases are excluded
- This should go without saying, but you’ll need a Costco membership to be able to get inside and make the purchase (some people have reported that if you already have a Costco cash card you can use that to enter. I thought this loophole had been closed but it might still work. Tell your friend that has a membership about this deal and then ask to borrow the Costco cash card they purchased.)
- Expires August 15th, 2014
Click here for a store locator. The offer is also not appearing on Costco American Express cards.