Published on May 15th, 2017 | by Chuck27
Amex Offers: Spend $200 at AT&T and Get $20 or 2,000 Points [Targeted]
Login to your Amex business credit card to see if you were targeted for one of the following offers:
- Get $20 back as a statement credit when you spend $200+ online at att.com/smallbusiness or via the AT&T app. Limit three $20 statement credits.
- Get 2,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $200+ online at att.com/smallbusiness or via the AT&T app. Limit three 2,000 points credits for a total of 6,000 points.
The Fine Print
- Valid through August 15, 2017
- Works with one-time payment or with auto-pay
- Must use card to pay your wireless bill or other service charges online directly with AT&T at att.com/smallbusiness or through the AT&T app
- Purchases for equipment or prepaid, U-verse, web hosting, or wireless services that do not appear on your AT&T wireless bill are excluded from this offer
- Your payments must be in the amount of $200 or more in a single transaction
- Payments by phone, at retail locations or via third parties do not qualify
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account and limit of 6,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card; these additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program; when we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included
As it appears from my own business cards, the cards that have not been used before on AT&T got targeted for this offer while those previously used did not.
I love Amex Offers on things like cellular since it’s easy to prepay out your bill for the future. At worst, if you close out the card, you can get the payments refunded back to the card; there isn’t much to lose other than floating the funds. Just bear in mind that you are losing out on the 5x INK by paying with your Amex card. I imagine most people will prefer the 10x MR + points or the 10% back + points.
Just be sure to make three separate payments of $200 each to maximize. The terms indicate that the charge needs to made at att.com/smallbusiness or through the AT&T app, though I doubt that will actually be enforced, and it should work for standard, personal AT&T payments as well (as has been the case in the past). Hopefully, we’ll get data points on this in the comments shortly.
There have also been some data points of cellular Amex offers working for an AT&T cable bill as well. Let us know if you try it out. Update: data points indicate that ordinary cellular and Uverse payments are triggering the offer credit.