Published on May 9th, 2016 | by Chuck64
[Dead] Amex Platinum 100,000 Bonus is Back!
The public link for 100,000 Membership Rewards points bonus on the Amex Platinum card (the standard Platinum card) is back.
Direct Link (go incognito if it doesn’t work)
- Sigup for a new personal Amex platinum card and get 100,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $3,000 within 3 months
- $450 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year
Numerous Reddit users already applied and got approved for the card using this link.
The Fine Print
- As usual, you can’t get this bonus if you already had the personal Platinum card
All Platinum cards come with lots of benefits, among them:
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year
- Priority pass select
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
This offer comes up everyone once in a while; if you are on the fence for a personal Platinum, now is a good time to jump on this as we don’t know how long it will last. It also has a low $3,000 spend threshold.
You can get the $200 airline credit twice (once in 2016 and once in 2017) which mostly offsets the annual fee. I did the previous 100k offer and it was well worth it. Not sure if we’ve ever seen a public offer of more than 100k on the personal card.
There’s also the Mercedes-Benz personal Platinum card available with a lower 75k bonus, and you can find here lots of other targeted Amex offers. It’s probably worth staggering your Amex Platinum cards so that you can get the premium benefits from each one separately.
Before applying for an Amex card, it’s worth reading the 20 Things Everybody Should Know About American Express.