Published on March 8th, 2018 | by Chuck40
[Expired] [Targeted] Amex Sending out Huge Spend Offers for High-Spenders, up to 300,000 Bonus Points
This deal is no longer available, more American Express deals can be found here.
Amex is sending out a huge targeted spend bonuses on Membership Rewards cards. Unfortunately, there are very high spend thresholds to get the bonus. The bonuses all have two tiers, I’ve combined the tiers for simplicity:
- Get 325,000 bonus Membership Rewards points or $2,695 after spending $1,450,000 by August 31
- Get 140,000 bonus Membership Rewards points or $665 when spending $650,000 by August 31
- Get 80,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when spending $295,000 by August 31
- Get 32,500 bonus Membership Rewards points or a $210 statement credit after spending $65,000 by August 31
- Get 25,000 bonus Membership Rewards points or a $205 statement credit after spending $25,000 by August 31
The Fine Print
- Must enroll by May 1, 2018
- Must complete the spend by August 31, 2018
Most of these offers are between .2x bonus and .5x bonus; the last offer mentioned above is the best one with a full 1x bonus. Seems like Amex is going the way of Fidelity with targeted bonuses where they give each person different goals based on spend history.
Be sure to calculate out whether you can meet the high spend and whether it’s worth putting the spend on your card, for example, if you regularly make $5k+ purchases on your Business Platinum, your base earn is 1.5x, plus the spend bonus.