Published on April 24th, 2019 | by William Charles5
Amtrak: Get Up To 35% Off With Share Fares
- Amtrak is offering up to 35% off when you travel with multiple people. The discount is as follows:
- Passenger 1 – full price
- Passenger 2 – 15% off full price
- Passenger 3 – 60% off full price
- Passenger 4 – 70% off full price
The Fine Print
- Valid for up to 4 passengers.
- The First passenger will pay the full regular adult fare, Companion One (1) will receive a 15% discount, Companion Two (2) will receive a 60% discount, and Companion Three (3) will receive a 70% discount off the full adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale beginning April 23, 2019.
- Valid for travel beginning April 26, 2019.
- Advance reservations are required a minimum of three (3) days prior to travel.
- Valid for travel on most Northeast Regionals between Washington, DC and Boston, MA, and on long-distance trains and associated thruways.
- Not valid on the Northeast Regional trains in the state of Virginia, on Auto Train, nor on the 7000-8999 thruways.
- The companion(s) is subject to coach seats only; no upgrades permitted.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- A cancellation fee may apply.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Offer is valid for new sales only; existing reservations do not apply.
Amtrak will often have 30% off sales that don’t require purchasing multiple tickets and recently had BOGO, so this deal is really only worth considering if you need to book tickets for four people.