Published on October 25th, 2017 | by William Charles37
[Expired] Barclaycard Aviator Business Mastercard 40,000 Miles After First Purchase
Offer has expired and is no longer valid. There is a new link here though.
This offer was found by JonLuca on /r/churning. As far as I know there is no other way to even sign up for this card let alone get a 40,000 mile bonus for this card. I’d apply a high level of caution to applying through this link. It’s possible Barclaycard won’t accept applications from this link and it’s also possible that they will offer a better sign up bonus in the future.
- Receive a bonus of 40,000 American Airlines after your first purchase within 90 days of account opening on the Barclaycard Aviator Business Mastercard
- $95 annual fee is not waived
- Earn an American Airlines companion certificate. When you spend $30,000 or more in a card member year, you earn an American Airlines companion certificate. You pay $99 + taxes/fees and get a companion ticket to accompany you on any round trip economy fare.
- 5% annual mile bonus. You’ll receive an additional 5% bonus on all miles earned in the previous card member year (e.g earn 100,000 miles receive a 5,000 mile bonus) – you must pay the annual fee before you receive this bonus.
- Free checked bag
- Board with Group 5 on American
- 25% statement credit for all in flight purchases
- Reduce mileage rewards
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x American Airline miles on American Airline purchases
- 2x American Airline miles on office supply merchants, telecommunications merchants, and car rental merchants
- 1x American Airline miles on all other purchases
- Read our full review here
It’s possible to get a 60,500 mile bonus on the personal version of this card, so that offer is significantly better. Seems like Barclaycard business cards sometimes report and sometimes don’t report to your personal report, so that isn’t encouraging for people trying to keep their card count low for the Chase 5/24 rule. Personally I’m going to wait this one out, if the bonus was higher I might risk it but at the 40,000 mile level it’s not worth it in my opinion. Not everybody shares my level of risk aversion though, so that’s a choice for you to make.