- Receive 50,000 Lufthansa miles on the Barclaycard Lufthansa Miles & More credit card, broken down as follows:
- 20,000 miles after first purchase
- 30,000 miles after $5,000 in spend within the first 90 days
The Fine Print
- Annual fee of $89 (waived for Senator and HON Circle Members, as long as they maintain their Senator or HON Circle Member status)
- Free annual companion ticket after annual fee is paid and on card anniversary
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2 miles per $1 spent on all miles & more integrate partners
- 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free FICO score
- No foreign transaction fees
- Two Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually (note despite the name Business is their lowest class of lounge, senator is higher and 1st is their highest class of lounge)
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months
This is a new benefit on this card. You’ll receive two lounge vouchers after your first purchase, you’ll receive another two lounge passes as long as the account stays open and in good standing for 45 days after the annual fee is paid. Vouchers are valid for one year and each voucher is valid for one cardmember or travel companion at Lufthansa Business Lounges worldwide. Allow two weeks for the vouchers to post to your account.
It’s interesting that they say that the account has to be open and in good standing for 45 days after the annual fee is paid, obviously they are trying to cut down on people that get the anniversary benefits and then cancel their cards before the annual fee is paid. Although Barclaycard will refund the annual fee as long as the card is cancelled within 60 days of the annual fee posting, so maybe it’s still possible to use a work around.
This is as high as the Lufthansa card goes from Barclaycard, so if you’re in need for some Lufthansa miles then go for it. I’d also recommend reading our post on things you should know about Barclaycard before applying. You can view the Lufthansa award chart here to see how far 50,000 miles will take you. Also keep in mind that only SPG points transfer into Lufthansa (Chase UR, AmEx Membership Rewards & Diners Club do not).