Published on April 9th, 2019 | by William Charles21
[Expired] [Select CA only] Desert Community Bank $250 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in CA [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: April 14th, 2019
- Desert Community Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you complete the following requirements:
- Visit a branch and open a DCB Value Checking account with $50 or more
- Maintain a positive end-of-day balance for the first 90 days (no minimum balance required)
- Set up a recurring direct deposit OR schedule three or more recurring electronic payments within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
DCB Value checking has a $5 monthly fee, this is waived with an average daily collected balance of $1,500+
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is an early account termination fee of $15 if closed within 180 days of account opening.
Always good to see bonuses with no direct deposit requirements, we still need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times