Published on September 6th, 2018 | by William Charles11
[Expired] Cathay Pacific Credit Card Bonus 40,000 Mile Offer
Deal has expired, view the best current credit card bonuses by clicking here.
Offer extended until March 31st, 2019.
December 31st, 2018
- Synchrony is offering a bonus of 40,000 miles after $2,000 in spend on the Cathay Pacific credit card
- Valid until October 31st, 2018
- Annual fee of $95 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x Asia miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or aboard
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- 1x Asia miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club (Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program. Green tier is their base level and as I understand it first year is always free. Second year onwards you need to pay $100 USD or earn 100 Club points).
- Not available to applicants who have or have had the Cathay Pacific Visa card. Not sure if this is enforced?
This bonus is really not that exciting, we’ve seen bonuses of up to 60,000 miles publicly available and 65,000 targeted bonuses. Even a public offer of 35,000 miles with the annual fee waived would be better for most people. I’d recommend just waiting for a better bonus to come along.
Hat tip to Sift Swift