Published on October 17th, 2018 | by William Charles13
[Targeted] Cathay Pacific Synchrony Credit Card 65,000 Mile Bonus
Another round of these offers has gone out. Hat tip to reader Nathan Y
No direct link, targeted offer
- Cathay Pacific is offering some members a bonus of up to 65,000 miles on the co-branded Synchrony credit card. Bonus broken down as follows:
- 35,000 miles after $2,500 in spend within the first 90 days
- Additional 30,000 miles after $2,500 extra spend within the first six months
- Annual fee of $95 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x Asia miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or aboard
- 1.5x Asia miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- 1x Asia miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary first year green tier membership in the Marco Polo Club (Cathay Pacific’s loyalty program. Green tier is their base level and as I understand it first year is always free. Second year onwards you need to pay $100 USD or earn 100 Club points).
- Not available to applicants who have or have had the Cathay Pacific Visa card. Not sure if this is enforced?
Previous bonuses have been:
- 50,000 miles after $2,500 in spend
- 60,000 miles:
- 35,000 miles after $2,500 in spend within the first 90 days of account opening
- 25,000 miles when you spend an additional $7,500 in spend within the first 12 months
This is definitely better than the 60,000 mile deal as it’s more miles and less spend. When comparing it to the 50,000 mile deal it’s an extra 10,000 miles but requires an extra $2,500 in spend. That works out to be 4x per $1 spent (plus what you’d normally earn), I think most people would prefer the extra miles in that case.
A few other things to note:
- Read this post if you’re not familiar with Synchrony credit cards
- Our full review of this card can be found here
- SPG, American Express Membership Rewards & Citi ThankYou points all transfer to Cathay Pacific
- Cathay Pacific award charts can be found here.
Hat tip to reader Nathan & Daryl