Published on April 13th, 2015 | by William Charles53
[Expired]Chase $450 Coupons (Checking + Savings) – Act Quickly [Open Account In Branch]
Expired. This offer has now unfortunately expired, we will be giving away some of these coupons to lucky readers soon.
This offer was briefly expired, we’ve now found a working link again – thus us reposting this deal. It originally appear on March 25th, 2015.
- Maximum bonus amount: $450
- Availability: Nationwide (must open account in branch)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum. Click here to view what triggers this bonus
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, no Chase cards (not available when opening in branch)
- Monthly fees: $10-12, waivable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Expiration date: May 7th, 2015 (although these coupons have a limited number, so will run out well before then)
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you open a Chase total checking account and set up a direct deposit
- Receive a bonus of $150 when you open a Chase savings account and deposit $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days and maintain a balance of $10,000 for 90 days (there is another Chase savings bonus for $175 which requires a deposit of $15,000 but doesn’t require you to keep it in the account for 90 days, I think this is a better deal)
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, or those who have had accounts closed in the last 90 days (or with a negative balance)
- Direct deposit must be received within 60 days of account opening
- Direct deposit must be paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government
- Must open account in branch
- Bonuses will appear within 10 days of meeting the requirements
- Interest rate on the Chase savings account is 0.01%
The Chase Savings Account comes with a monthly service fee of $4 in most states and $5 in CA, FL, GA, ID, NV, OR and WA. Monthly fee is waived with any of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more.
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more. One time transfers do not qualify.
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account.
The Chase Total Checking account comes with a monthly service fee of $10-$12 which is waived if complete any of the following:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances
Early Account Termination Fee
If you close either account within 6 months of account opening, you will forfeit the bonus.
With these e-mail coupon bonuses, there is only a certain amount of them before they run out – if you’re thinking of doing this deal I’d recommend acting quickly. I’m going to do the $300 Chase Total Checking bonus, but I’m not going to do the $150 Chase Savings bonus. As I mentioned previously, I think the $175 bonus is far better value as you don’t need to keep the funds deposited for 90 days.
Here is my plan for the Chase total checking account:
- Open a Chase total checking account, using a non Chase credit card to fund it with $500
- Add a direct deposit of $1,000+ of my pay check (if you can’t easily change this, check what else has counted as a direct deposit before). This will trigger the bonus requirement and also give me a balance of $1,500+ which will keep the account fee free
- Wait until the Tuesday after I’ve completed the the requirements (Chase is weird and always posts the bonuses on a Tuesday), if I didn’t receive my bonus use another direct deposit to try and trigger it
- Wait 6 months
- Withdraw my funds & close my accounts, getting ready to do it all again in 2016.
I think Chase bank bonuses are one of if not the best bank bonus there is. There is no minimum on the direct deposit requirement, it’s easy to keep the account fee free and the bonuses are massive as well. If you’ve never completed a bank bonus before, this is the one to get your feet wet with. We’ve added this bonus to our listing of all new checking promotions.
Hat tip to Take Off With Miles