Posted by Chuck on December 4, 2019
Credit Cards

Published on December 4th, 2019 | by Chuck

7

Chase Amazon Card: Get 2% Cashback Everywhere through February 2020

The Offer

Check your emails, subject “ATTN, <Your Name>: You’re being rewarded! Activate extra rewards.” or check mychasebonus.com for this offer

Typically only select categories get 2% cashback, everywhere else gets 1%; for a limited time they are boosting an extra 1% for everywhere purchases for a total of 2% everywhere. You’ll continue to earn 5% Back on purchases at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market with an eligible Prime membership; otherwise 3% Back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market.

The Fine Print

  • Requires activation
  • During the promotional period, earn a total of 2% Back on the purchases made with your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature card that normally earn 1% Back. That’s an extra 1% Back in addition to the 1% Back you earn on the purchases in the 1% Back category.
  • The extra points earned for this promotion during the applicable monthly billing cycle are generally available to be used at the beginning of the next billing cycle; bonus points earned on purchases made near the end of a billing cycle may take up to one additional billing cycle to become available.
  • To qualify for this promotional offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement.

Our Verdict

Some were reporting this earlier today, and others just got the email now. I think everyone is getting this offer, but it might be a widely targeted offer. Not sure if it’s being sent to non-Prime members.

2% isn’t groundbreaking, but if you don’t have a better everyday card or if they are maxed out, this can be an additional option.



7
Leave a Reply

avatar
 

  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Mark S.

Non-Prime scum here; I also received the offer.

Ryan Goldstein

I haven’t received that email, and when filling in my information at mychasebonus.com, I receive the following:

•We can’t enroll you with the information you provided. Please make sure you entered the primary cardmember’s last name exactly as it appears on the credit card.

•If you’ve recently changed your address or replaced a lost or stolen card, please enter your previous card’s last 4 digits or ZIP Code.

Bill
Bill

Same here. Of course everything I entered was correct, so I suppose that is their way of telling me I have no bonus offer.

(Although I have other 2% cards, I’d probably use this one for a few months to encourage Chase to make such offers in the future.)

Brandon
Brandon

Link leads to a page from Chase saying the page doesn’t exist.

MP-The-Law
MP-The-Law

Keep trying I was getting that too until one time I didn’t.

Hari
Hari

Dint get the email nor the link working. Not bothering about this as I already have Citi Double cash.

bax
bax

Chase fraud department is run by a bunch of idiots. You will find out first hand if you actually try to use the card for decent sized purchases, and having called in both before and after they block it, even within your billing zip code. Their executive escalation will say there is nothing wrong with their eff’d up fraud department.

Back to Top ↑