Published on September 12th, 2018 | by Chuck49
[Expired] [Public Offer] Chase Pay: Get Extra 5x Ultimate Rewards at Best Buy, Ebags, and Tock with Any Sapphire Version Card or Freedom Unlimited [Max $200]
Offer has expired, view more Chase Pay deals here.
Update 9/12/18: Added public links below. We’ve confirmed with Chase that this offer is public for all Sapphire Reserve, Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire, and Freedom Unlimited cardholders, even if you didn’t receive the email. We’ve also confirmed that the $200 is combined so, for example, if you do $200 at Best Buy you won’t get credit for another $200 at Ebags. Each card should credit separately, though, if you have more than one eligible card.
- Get 5x bonus points when using Chase Pay at Best Buy stores, online at Ebags.com, or online at Tock.com. Max $200.
This offer has been sent out to some Sapphire cardholders (all versions) and on the Freedom Unlimited. The bonus is in addition to the standard earn on the card, resulting in 6x or 6.5x rewards.
The Fine Print
- During the promotional period of September 1, 2018 to September 30, 2018, earn an extra 5 points on up to $200 in purchases at Best Buy® stores, online at restaurants on Tock and online at eBags® when you check out with your Chase Sapphire or Chase Sapphire Preferred card using Chase Pay.
- Bonus points will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting, and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement and be available for use within 1-2 billing cycles.
- Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period.
- To qualify for this promotional offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- This promotional offer is non-transferable.
- For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement.
Many have gotten this offer, but we haven’t yet found a public link so we’re assuming it’s a targeted deal. There have been similar promotions in the past which were public offers with a landing page – let us know if you find one for this deal.
Best Buy is probably the offer people will find most useful, just keep in mind that one if for in-store only. They do sell gift cards in-store, you may even find a $200 Visa gift card there with a $5.95 activation fee.
It’s not clear in the terms if the $200 limit is separate for each of the three merchants or if it’s all combined. If you got the offer on more than one card, you should be able to get the bonus on $200 per card.
Thanks to many readers who sent in this deal.