- Chase IHG Premier card is offering a signup bonus of 75,000 points after $2,000 in spend within the first three months and a $150 statement credit after first purchase
- Annual fee of $89 (waived first year)
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 25x points per $1 spent on IHG properties (10x from the card + 15x from status and club membership)
- 2x points per $1 spent on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free night certificate on card anniversary, this is limited to properties that cost 40,000 or fewer points
- Automatic Platinum elite status
- Fourth Reward Night Free on any stay of 4 or more nights
- 20% discount when purchasing points
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
- 10,000 bonus points when you spend $20,000 or more and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year
- This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. If you have the old IHG card, you’re still eligible to get this bonus/card.
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
There is also a 140,000 point bonus, that offer doesn’t have the annual fee waived. This is 65,000 point less but you basically get/save $239. If you value IHG points are more than 0.367¢ per point then the other deal is a better option. This offer also has a slightly lower minimum spend requirement of $2,000 vs $3,000. I think most people will prefer the points offer, although given the current circumstances a mixture of points + cash might be more attractive. As always read these things everybody should know about Chase credit cards before applying.
Hat tip to reader TG5000