Published on April 19th, 2018 | by William Charles24
Chase Launches Aer Lingus Card With 100,000 Point Bonus
- $95 annual fee not waived first year
- Sign up bonus of up to 100,000 points, broken down as follows:
- 50,000 Bonus Avios after $3,000 spend within first 3 months
- Plus 25,000 Bonus Avios after $10,000 spend within your first year.
- Plus a further 25,000 Bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 total on purchases within your first year from account opening.
- Card earns a the following rates:
- Earn 3 Avios for every $1 you spend on Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, LEVEL and OpenSkies purchases.
- Earn 1 Avios for every $1 you spend on all other purchases
- Companion ticket every year you make purchases of $30,000 or more on your card
- Priority boarding for you and any authorized users
- No foreign transaction fees
Seems to be exactly the same as the British Airways card. I assume the Chase 5/24 rule doesn’t apply to this card, if anybody confirms this we will update accordingly (doesn’t apply: 1, 2) . Bonuses on the Iberia & British Airways cards have also been increased. For me this is one of those cards that isn’t work keeping long term, but it is worth getting the sign up bonus for. The only problem with the bonus is the spend required, let’s break it down into how much you’d earn per $1 spent:
- First 50,000 points requires $3,000 in spend, that’s an additional 16.5x points per $1 spent
- Next 25,000 points requires an additional $7,000 in spend, that’s an additional 3.57x points per $1 spent
- Next 25,000 points requires an additional $10,000 in spend, that’s an additional 2.5x points per $1 spent
The nice thing is that even 50,000 is a nice sign up bonus and you have a full year to meet the other spend requirements.