Published on April 3rd, 2019 | by Chuck57
Chase Sapphire Preferred 15,000 Points Referral Bonus + 60,000 Points for New Member [$95 AF]
- Refer a friend to Chase Sapphire Preferred and they’ll get 60,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months. The $95 annual fee is not waived.
- The referrer will get 15,000 bonus points, up to 75,000 bonus points per year (5 referrals).
If you are signing up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred, please consider using a reader’s referral link, found in the comments of this post.
The Fine Print
- You can receive 15,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card. Maximum bonus points accumulation for this offer is 75,000 bonus points.
- We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year.
- In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 65,000 bonus points from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus points per calendar year, then the next award will be 10,000 even if the offer states 15,000.
- Your participation in this program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the program. Please consult your tax advisor if you have any questions about your personal tax situation.
- This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.”
- Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we cannot disclose information on who has applied, nor will you be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from the individual(s) you refer.
- Chase employees are not eligible to refer friends for this promotional offer.
- $95 annual fee, not waived first year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- This card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transferable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 48 months (standard is now 48 months)
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
Please DO NOT share your referrals in the comments below. Instead you may share them in this linked post if you follow the rules.
Chase recently changed the offer from 50,000 points with waived fee to 60,000 points with fee not waived. Glad to see that now available via referral, and it’s even better that they increased the bonus for the referrer from 10,000/50,000 to 15,000/75,000. Just bear in mind the sobering fact
Some people were targeted with this offer and no annual fee the first year, but the standard offer is the same as this referral offer which is 60,000 points on $4,000 spend, with the $95 annual fee not waived for the first year.
Today and tomorrow are clearly days where Chase is refreshing/changing a lot of offers on their cards. We just saw referrals go out for the Freedom Unlimited 3% offer as well. I expect there to be a bunch more Chase posts in the next 24 hours.
Hat tip to reader Joe