Published on February 21st, 2017 | by William Charles26
[Targeted] Chase United MileagePlus 70,000 Miles + $50 Offer Extended Until March 15th
- 70,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, earn a $50 Statement Credit after your first purchase
- If you don’t see the offer with the $50 statement credit, create a dummy booking on United and it’ll show up
- Free first checked bag
- Priority boarding
- No foreign transaction fees
- 2 United Club one-time passes each year for your Cardmember anniversary
- 5,000 bonus miles after you add the first authorized user and make your first purchase in the first 3 months from account opening*
- 10,000 bonus miles after you spend $25,000 on purchases on your Card each calendar year
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United**
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account remains open
- 5/24 rule applies to this card, which you can read about here
This offer was due to expire on February 28th, 2017 and has now been extended until March 15th, 2017. What’s interesting is that the mailers that went out for this offer show the expiration of April 30th, the problem is the mailers don’t have the $50 statement credit attached (you usually need to do a online dummy booking when logged into United to get these to show up).
Problem is that even if people are targeted for this offer it still falls under the 5/24 rule, so most people will not be eligible. If you are eligible this is as good as this bonus gets, but it might make sense to pick up other Chase cards under this rule first (e.g Chase Sapphire Reserve in branch 100,000 point bonus). If you’re thinking about applying for this card, I’d recommend reading these things you should know about Chase first. We first posted about these offers here.