Published on September 13th, 2018 | by Chuck31
[Expired] [Targeted] Citi Cards: Earn 5x on Paypal Purchases, Max $25
Deal has expired, view more Citi deals by clicking here.
Check for an email on your Citi Dividend or Simplicity card:
- Activate the offer to earn 5%/5x points on eligible Paypal purchases through December 12, 2018.
The Fine Print
- This offer starts upon enrollment and will end on 12/12/2018.
- Earnings associated with this program will equal 5% back on eligible PayPal purchases that will be posted as a credit on your account and may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled.
- Total earnings associated with this offer are subject to a maximum of $25.
- An eligible purchase is a purchase made when PayPal is the payment method, except for peer to peer transactions (such as PayPal Send Money transactions), purchases made with convenience checks, cash advances, and items returned for credit.
- We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer.
- All purchases must be posted during the promotional period.
- In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another card product, you may no longer be eligible for this offer.
- You may receive more than one communication regarding this bonus offer with a reply‑by‑date mentioned within; however, if you have already enrolled in this offer, no further action is required.
- This promotional offer is non‑transferrable and applies to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.
Nice little bonus. I got this offer on my Dividend, and reader Ryan did as well. Email subject includes “activate this offer for 5% back on eligible PayPal purchases.” Seems it’s targeted on select Citi cards, some cashback cards and some points cards.
The 5% should be on top of the standard rewards on the card. The term state: “Earnings…may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled.” I interpret this to mean that it can stack with other promotions.
[If you use Paypal with your Citi Dividend card at one of the 5% rotating category merchants, you may end up with 10% (5 + 5), though it might not code properly since it’s through Paypal.]