Deal has expired, view more checking bonuses by clicking here
Update 7/21/19: Deal is back and valid until September 30th, 2019.
Reposting as it’s a confirmed soft pull and $2000 in credit card funding
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Restricted to people in the 7-county Denver Metro Area
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: 2 deposits & 10 transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull (reports of hard pull)
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date:
January 31st, 2017 None listed
- Receive a sign up bonus of 14,000 rewards points (worth $100) when you open a new checking account with Westerra Credit Union and complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- Make two deposits
- Complete ten transactions
The Fine Print
- Get 14,000 Bonus Reward Points (equal to $100 cash back) when you open a Westerra checking account and activate it by making two deposits and ten transactions within 60 days from account opening.
- Bonus Reward Points will be credited to your Westerra Rewards account the month following activation.
- Deposit of $5 in savings account required.
- Membership fee waived.
- Limit one t-shirt per person.
There are no monthly fees for this account and the $5 membership fee is waived as well. I didn’t see any mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Looks like a great deal as it doesn’t specify what a deposit is, so I guess any deposit will count (e.g payroll not required). It’s nice that you can fund with a credit card as well. Will be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses available.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank