Published on October 11th, 2019 | by William Charles22
Citi In Branch Offers: Citi Rewards+ 30,000/40,000 Offer & Double Cash $100 Offer
- Citi is offering increased bonuses on two cards in branch. Cards & bonuses as follows:
- Citi Rewards+: 30,000 points after $1,500 in spend within the first three months (Citigold customers can earn 40,000 points after $2,000 in spend), 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- Citi Double Cash: $100 bonus after $500 in spend within the first three months & 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 18 months
- No annual fee
- Card earns ThankYou points
- Earn 2x points on grocery and gas, up to $6,000 per year, then 1x
- Earn 1x points on everything else
- Card does not support most ThankYou points transfers.
- Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou®Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
- Low intro rate on purchases and balance transfers
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- Round up feature which rounds up the amount of points earned to the nearest 10. Every transaction will earn at least 10 points, even a $1 charge at the vending machine.
- 10% rebate on all redeemed points each year, on up to the first 100,000 redeemed points
- Full review in this post.
Citi Double Cash
- No annual fee
- Card earns 2% cash back on all purchases
- Citi Double Cash Cash Rewards Convertible To Citi ThankYou Points (1:1 Rate)
Unfortunately you can’t get the Citi Rewards+ bonus if you’ve received a bonus on the Preferred/Premier/Prestige or have closed one of those cards in the last 24 months. It’s normally a better idea to get a bigger bonus on one of those cards and then downgrade to the Rewards+. I’m not sure if there is any sort of similar restriction on the double cash card but I don’t think there is. I do think the double cash bonus is worth doing as the card itself is useful for the 2% earning rate and the fact it can transfer to Citi rewards partners at a 1:1 rate if you have a Premier/Prestige card. Because of that I’ll add this in branch bonus to our list of the best credit card bonuses.