Published on October 18th, 2016 | by William Charles13
[CO only] Blue Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus – No Requirements. Fort Collins & Wellington only
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Downtown Fort Collins, CO and Main street Wellington, CO
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes. They are also sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $3,000+
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Expiration date: First 300 only
- The first 300 people to open new checking accounts at Downtown Fort Collins and Wellington Main Street Blue Federal Credit Union locations will receive a $100 bonus. No other requirements apply.
The Fine Print
- New members only. $100 new member bonus limited to first 300 people and available only in-person at Boardwalk, Old Town and Wellington Blue FCU locations.
- $100 will be deposited into member’s checking at account opening.
- Not transferrable. Limit one per person.
- No substitutions. Limited time promotion.
- Person must qualify for membership. Membership is easy, just ask.
- Federally insured by NCUA. *Annual percentage yield. See Rewards For Life page for full details and requirements.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
None of the accounts we recommend have any monthly fees, not sure if any early account termination fee is charged or not but given they earn high APYs and have no monthly fees I’m not sure why you’d want to close them.
Blue Federal has two accounts that we’ve covered before:
- Blue Federal Credit Union 4% APY Account (Up To $15,000)
- Blue Federal Credit Union 4.99% APY Account (Up To $1,000)
Both would qualify for this bonus. Not sure if credit card funding will work in branch or not. Still I’d definitely sign up for one of these accounts if I lived close to either of those branches. Worth calling to make sure the promo still live before heading in. If you find out it isn’t, let us know in the comments. I won’t add this to our best bonus list because it’s so limited.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank