Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here
Update 4/21/20: Bonus back to $276. Hat tip to reader NH4NO3
Update 1/3/20: Bonus has been reduced from $276 to $176.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $276
- Availability: Must be a resident of DE, MD, NJ, PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Online banking & 5 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: Yes, $10 monthly fee (avoidable)
- Early account termination fee: $25, 1 year
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: April 30th, 2020
- Firstrust Bank is offering a bonus of $276 when you open a new 76ers checking account and complete the following requirements within 90 days of account opening:
- Sign up for Online Banking
- Direct Deposit total of $500
- 5 Debit Card transactions
The Fine Print
- $25.00 minimum opening deposit required.
- Offer limited to one account per household.
- Offer not available to existing Firstrust consumer checking account customers.
- Offer may not be combined with any other offer and may be revised or rescinded without notice at any time.
- All terms and conditions of the Retail Account Agreement, Funds Availability and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) disclosure apply.
- To obtain bonus: Open a new FirstPay checking account beginning October 15, 2019 through April 30, 2020.
- Account must receive direct deposit totaling $500, make 5 debit card purchases and establish online banking within 90 days of account opening.
- Bonuses will be reported to the IRS for applicable tax year.
- Bonus payment will be sent to the customer within 120 days of account opening.
Account has a monthly fee of $10. It’s waived if you do any of the following:
- Use direct deposit
- Make 10 debit card purchases per month
- Make 5 online bill payments per month
- Maintain $500 min daily balance
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if closed within a year.
Seems like a great bonus if it’s a soft pull to open, especially if there is some credit card funding. If anybody goes for this offer then please share your experiences below. I’ll add this to the best state specific checking promos if this is a soft pull.
Hat tip to reader IS250
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
Any one received 1099 from firstrust?
I called customer service and asked to close my account about 13 months after opening it. Was told I need to call my branch. I said I opened online and never stepped in a branch. After checking the representative told me my account is with the Horsham branch and transferred me over there. At the Horsham branch the lady asked “are you one of those who got the 276?”, took my details and told me the account is closed. P2 called the branch directly and was able to close the account.
So if you opened online, your account might be with this branch, phone number 215-259-5121.
Called on Tuesday to close out my account 366 days after opening. Was told I had to contact the branch that I opened it at. Transferred me there and gal who answered told me to email a signed letter to her to close my account. Whipped up such letter, printed, signed, scanned, emailed to her, response back a day later that my account is closed. I recognized the gal’s name as an asst manager and the person I met in person with when my online app was rejected. There was nobody doing business at the bank when I applied and was there for an hour. Now? She might be one of like 3 employees holding down an entire branch location.
Very odd bank. $1 and change DD once a month for 12 months kept it fee-free. Their latest bonus has no language with regard to not being eligible if you have received a bonus within __ months. I’ll wait a year and maybe try them again.
Easier to close by sending a DM through the “messages” tab on the right side of the main account screen. I received no response to the DM I sent and could still log in, but I called and they confirmed the account had been closed. The last transaction shown is “CLOSING CHECK (NO NUMBER).”
+1 . I did same and no response. However I got closing transaction and they sent me check for remaining balance too. Cannot login anymore. Was super easy for me.
Schwab worked as DD. Anyone found out how to close account? SM, call? I will leave $25 in account as I don’t want to keep the account open for another 8-9 months.
Per the article, the minimum daily balance to avoid the $10 monthly fee is $500. You might want to keep more than $25 unless you’re ok with the monthly fee.
Account opened on 4/28
Did >$500 ACH from PNC, Citi, Etrade. One of them must have triggered.
Bonus posted 8/3
Bonus posted today. Did dd from chase and sofi.
Bonus posted for me today – opened end of April. I did “DD”s from Ally and Cap One 360.
My $276 bonus posted today too. I opened it on April 21.
$276 bonus posted today
FYI Firstrust site says they’re going to be rolling out an Eagles checking account. Early sign up for notifications/updates on their site here: https://eagleschecking.firstrust.com/. Does NOT mention a signup bonus on that page, but I gave my email jic. I guess if there’s a bonus and it’s less than 276, I’ll wait and see if the 76ers bonus comes back later in the year.
And apparently one is going to be metal! oooh, shiny.
I already did the Sixers bonus and closed the account in March. The current Eagles accounts are offering 5K and 10K bonus points. Looks like these can be used for “merchandise, gift cards and much more.” Dont see details on redemption options, but also dont see any fine print saying you wont get these points if you received an earlier bonus.
Eagles fan Did you get charged the $25 early closing fee?