Published on July 29th, 2018 | by William Charles9
[FL only] Campus USA Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus
Bonus has been increased to $150. Still not worth doing due to the hard pull. Hat tip to reader Peng
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Membership is open to anyone in Alachua, Clay, Columbia, Gadsden, Jefferson, Lake, Leon, Madison, Marion, Sumter, Suwannee and Wakulla counties
- Direct deposit required: Yes, 200+
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15 if closed within one year
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a free checking account with Camp USA and receive a $100 sign up bonus when you complete the following:
- Must opt to receive eStatements
- Must receive a direct deposit of at least $200 within 90 days of opening
The Fine Print
- Within the first 90 days member must elect to receive eDocuments and establish Direct Deposit of at least $200 per month.
- If the requirements are met and the account remains open after 90 days, the $150 reward will be made available to the member.
- $150 is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Credit approval and initial $50 opening deposit required.
- Member must elect to receive eDocuments.
There is a $15 joining fee that is waived if you mention the ad. There is no monthly fee or minimum balance requirement for their checking account. According to their fee schedule there is also a $15 early account termination fee as well.
Bit annoying you need to keep the account open for a full year to avoid any early account termination fee. I’d do our recommend bank bonuses first. This would be an OK deal if it’s a soft pull and the direct deposit requirements are easy to meet, if not I’d give this one a miss.
If you do decide to sign up then please let me know any experiences you have with this credit union in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank