Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: FL, IN, KY, OH & TN only
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Deposit $50 by third statement
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, Visa or Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, otherwise bonus is forfeit
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2016
- Open a new easy checking account with Republic Bank with the promotional code EDU when you’re a student and earn a bonus of $100 when you deposit at least $50 by the third statement cycle of your account.
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 12/31/16.
- Limit one bonus per household.
- Bonus will be paid the first business day of the month following the opening and funding of the new Easy Checking account.
- To obtain bonus, Easy Checking account must have a deposit of at least $50 by the third statement cycle of your account.
- Easy Checking account must remain open for at least 6 months or bonus may be debited from account balance upon closure.
- Not valid with any other offer.
- Offer valid for Easy Checking accounts with card/promo code only.
- Valid only for individuals that have not previously held an account at Republic Bank.
- $50 minimum opening deposit
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no monthly fees on this account, it does need to be kept open for at least six months to avoid forfeiting the bonus.
This is a great bonus, requirements are easy to meet and no monthly fees to be worried about. Shame you have to be a student to get the bonus though. Unfortunately it being a hard pull kills the deal. Because of this we won’t add it to our list of the best checking sign up bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank