Published on September 25th, 2019 | by William Charles74
[FL only] GTE Financial $200 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: All locations are in FL, so I assume FL only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: $4.95, not waivable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
October 31st, 2019November 30th, 2019
- GTE Financial is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new GTE Go Premium Checking Account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GTE200
- Set up a direct deposit by November 30th, 2019
The Fine Print
- Full Go Checking details, disclosures, and requirements can be found on this page.
- Direct deposits must be from an external source, such as an employer or government agency, direct deposits from another GTE Financial account do not meet the qualifications of this incentive offer.
- GTE Financial reserves the right to end this promotion at any time.
- Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
- This offer cannot be combined with other incentive offers from GTE Financial.
- Current GTE Financial members who have not previously had a checking account with GTE and new members who join between 8/6 and 9/30 are eligible for this incentive.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $4.95 fee that cannot be waived
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule
Not much time to open the account and complete the direct deposit, so if interested I’d recommend signing up now. It’s annoying you can’t avoid the $4.95 fee, but given there is no early account termination fee and the bonus posts quickly it doesn’t matter too much. Not really worth considering due to the hard pull unfortunately.
Hat tip to readers John C & Patrick S
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times