Published on December 4th, 2019 | by William Charles43
[GA only] Delta Community Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Update 12/4/19: Deal has been extended until January 31st, 2020
Update 11/26/19: Reposting as all recent datapoints say this is a soft pull to open, making it worth doing
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live or work in metro Atlanta. Can also be a member of eligible association or employee of eligible company
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Maintain $500 balance and make 5 debit card transactions of $5+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
September 30th, 2019 November 30th, 2019January 31st, 2020
- Delta Community Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking & savings account and complete the following requirements:
- Make 5 debit card transactions (minimum $5 per transaction) within 60 days of account opening
- Maintain a minimum average balance of $500 for 60 days after account opening
The Fine Print
- Applicant must be eligible and qualify for membership.
- To obtain the $200 bonus, (1) open a consumer Savings and Checking Account between July 19, 2019 and September 30, 2019 by visiting DeltaCommunityCU.com/Welcome200 or presenting the invitation code when opening account at a Delta Community branch (offer not valid if not redeemed by one of these two methods), (2) make a deposit of at least $500 to Checking Account within 60 days of Checking Account opening, (3) maintain an average balance of $500 for the first 60 days of Checking Account opening – this amount can be aggregate between Savings, Checking or Money Market Accounts, and (4) make a minimum of five (5) Debit Card transactions at a minimum of $5.00 per transaction within the first 60 days of Checking Account opening.
- To receive bonus, account must be in good standing, with deposit balances above zero dollars, any applicable loan payments current, and all accounts in compliance with any other terms, conditions and governing requirements.
- Bonuses earned through this promotion are subject to IRS reporting.
- The bonus will be deposited to the Checking Account within 60 days after deposit and transaction requirements are met.
- Offer is valid for first-time Delta Community members only, is not transferable, and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Offer may only be redeemed once per member.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
They offer a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee in their fee schedule.
Now that we know it’s a soft pull, I will be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Mckay
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times