Published on October 14th, 2016 | by Chuck15
Get 2x Fuel Points on Visa Gift Cards at Stop&Shop/Giant
- Purchase any Visa gift cards sold at Giant or Stop & Shop and receive 2x gas points on the purchase
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S, but on occasions like this they’ll release an offer to give points for gift card purchases.
This time around, the occasion seems to be the newly allowed usage of credit cards to pay for Visa/MC/Amex gift cards purchases, as mentioned in the ad (pictured above).
The Fine Print
- Offer valid from 10/14/16 – 10/20/16
- Must use Stop&Shop/Giant rewards card in order to get the points (and to redeem them as well)
Gas Points Details
Giant/S&S revised their fuel points program on August 9, 2016 with a limit of 20 gallons (at least in some areas) and a max of $1.50 discount.
Here are the updated details:
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon.
- Max discount in some areas is $1.50. In other areas, there might not be any max.
- You have 30 days to use the points. The day of purchase is Day #1.
- Points can only be used at partner Shell stations. You can redeem the points in a different area from where you got the points, but only if that Shell station is a partner. Check out the gas locator for Stop & Shop and for Giant for exact listings of which Shell stations are included.
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
- Pro tip: Use a Shell gift card and you’ll usually get the cash price; it’s especially worthwhile to get the lower cash price when using fuel points.
Yay! We haven’t had a good fuel deal in a while.
For a number of months, Giant/S&S were not accepting credit cards for Visa gift purchases, but they recently started accepting them again. For me, that brings the game back on.
Buy $750 worth of Visa gift cards for each tank of gas you’ll be using within the next month, and get the full 1500 points for $1.50 off per gallon.
Hat tip to hpmax on Fatwallet