Published on March 16th, 2018 | by Chuck18
[Expired] Giant, Stop&Shop, Martin’s: 2x Fuel Points on Visa Gift Cards Starting Friday [3/16-3/22]
This deal has expired, click here for more giant/stop&shop and Martin’s deals.
- Get 2x fuel points on the purchase Visa gift cards at Giant, Stop&shop, and Martin’s
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S/Martin’s, but occasionally they release offers like this to get points on gift card purchases.
The Fine Print
- Valid 3/16/18 – 3/22/18
- Must use store card to get and use the points
- Be sure to double check that your local store is running this offer before buying
- “We now accept credit cards for the purchase of Visa, Mastercard, and American Express gift cards”
Gas Points Details
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon.
- Max discount in some areas is $1.50. In other areas, there might not be any max.
- You have 30 days to use the points. The day of purchase is Day #1. (Giant PA and Martins might expire at the end of the following month.)
- Points can only be used at partner Shell stations. You can redeem the points in a different area from where you got the points, but only if that Shell station is a partner. Check out the gas locator for Stop & Shop and for Giant for exact listings of which Shell stations are included. (Giant PA and Martins might only be valid at their own gas stations.)
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
- Pro tip: Use a Shell gift card and you’ll usually get the cash price; it’s especially worthwhile to get the lower cash price when using fuel points.
Not as good as the 4x offers they sometimes have, but still not bad at all. Hope people find it useful when we post things like this in advance to help plan out your MS and gas usage; if not, we can post these only when they go live.
While you are limited to getting $1.50 discount from grocery fuel points, you can bring down the cost by utilizing the Fuel Rewards program (assuming you have the accounts linked) and get at least $.05 additional discount, plus so many other deals like T-Mobile Tuesday $.10 off this month, card-link deal at the grocery, and this Chase Pay deal.
Hat tip to DDF member Iz