Published on August 23rd, 2019 | by Chuck53
[Expired] Giant, Stop&Shop, Martin’s: Stackable Gift Card Promos, $15 Shopping Credit With Visa/MC + 2x Fuel Points on Mastercard [8/23-8/29]
Deal has expired, view more Giant deals by clicking here.
Giant/Stopandshop/Martin’s have two gift card offers showing in their circular for August 23 – 29 which can even stack together:
- Get 2x fuel points on the purchase Mastercard gift cards.
- Buy $150 in Visa and Mastercard gift cards and get $15 off your next shopping order.
Be sure to check your local circular for which promo(s) they are running as not all promos are found in all stores.
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S/Martin’s, but occasionally they release offers like this to get points on gift card purchases. You can view the ad here until it shows at the links above:
The Fine Print
- Valid 8/23/19 – 8/29/19 (starts Friday)
- Must use store card to get and use the points
- Be sure to double check that your local store is running this offer before buying
- “We now accept credit cards for the purchase of Visa, Mastercard, and American Express gift cards”
- $15 coupon will print out on the receipt (save the receipt!)
- $15 coupon expires 9/5/19
- Limit 1 offer per transaction
Gas Points Details
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon.
- Max discount in some areas is $1.50. In other areas, there might not be any max.
- You have 30 days to use the points. The day of purchase is Day #1. (Giant PA and Martins might expire at the end of the following month.)
- Points can only be used at partner Shell stations. You can redeem the points in a different area from where you got the points, but only if that Shell station is a partner. Check out the gas locator for Stop & Shop and for Giant for exact listings of which Shell stations are included. (Giant PA and Martins might only be valid at their own gas stations.)
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
- Pro tip: Use a Shell gift card and you’ll usually get the cash price; it’s especially worthwhile to get the lower cash price when using fuel points.
This is really terrific since you can get double fuel points on Mastercard gift cards, and at the same time get a $15 shopping credit toward your next purchase when you purchase at least $150. Some Giant/SS began allowing fuel points to be used on groceries which would potentially mean doubling up grocery discounts with the $15 coupon + points discounts.
You’ll probably only be able to use one $15 coupon per purchase, but it should be possible to buy multiple Mastercard (or Visa) gift cards in separate transaction to rack up more of those coupons, and then use up the coupons in separate transactions to buy groceries.
We’ve been seeing a heavy uptick in gas offers during the warmer months. Remember also to use a card that earns bonus rewards at the grocery. There’s a different gift card offer going until August 22nd.
Thanks to my friend Tom for the headsup on this