Published on January 12th, 2019 | by William Charles19
[Expired] [HI] First Hawaiian Bank $150-$300 Savings Bonus, Direct Deposit Not Required
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must be a resident of Hawaii, Guam or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit $15,000-$30,000
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $75, 180 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: February 28th, 2019
- First Hawaiian Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open or upgrade to a Priority Banking Checking account with $30,000 from another financial institution. You can also get $150 with a deposit of $15,000.
The Fine Print
- Priority Banking: Open or upgrade to Priority Banking with a minimum opening deposit of $30,000 drawn from another financial institution, by February 28, 2019, to receive a $300 statement credit (or $150 statement credit for $15,000 minimum opening deposit drawn from another financial institution).
- Accounts closed or converted out of Priority Banking within 180 days will be assessed a $75 charge.
- The statement credit will be completed the month following the qualifications being met.
- The rates may change after the account is opened/upgraded. Limit of one statement credit per offer or account.
- Business and corporate accounts do not qualify for this offer.
- These offers cannot be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The easiest account to keep fee free is the priority banking 1 account. This has a $15 monthly fee, this is waived with a combined balance of $6,000.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed or converted within 180 days a $75 charge will be assessed.
Doesn’t seem like there is a minimum deposit length for the $150/$300 bonuses, keep in mind the account does need to be kept open for 180 days to avoid the early account termination fee. Still keeping $6,000 in the account for half a year for a $300 bonus seems like a good deal, assuming it’s a soft pull to open and that you have the initial liquid funds required. As always, please share your experiences with this bonus in the comments below.
Hat tip to Maximizing Money
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times