- Hilton is offering status matches up to their highest tier (Diamond). You need to have status with another hotel chain and must have stayed with them at least once in the past year. Matched status will be valid until March, 2018. Here is what you need with the other loyalty programs to be matched to diamond:
- IHG: Platinum Elite (comes for free with the co-branded credit card)
- Let me know if you’re succesful with other programs
The Fine Print
- Hilton HHonors elite tier status will be valid through March 2018, thereafter; standard tier requirements must be met to maintain elite status
- Please allow up to 10 business days for your upgraded elite status to be reflected in your HHonors account profile
- If you’ve received a status match that is currently still valid, I don’t think you can get it extended to the new 2018 date. Happy to be corrected in the comments.
Hilton Diamond Status
Diamond status usually requires one of the following:
- 30 stays in a calendar year, or
- 60 nights in a calendar year, or
- 120,000 HHonors Base Points in a calendar year
Diamond status gives you the following benefits:
- 50% Elite Status Bonus
- 48-hour Room Guarantee
- 5th Night Free
- Guaranteed Discount: A discounted, changeable & refundable rate is exclusively available for Hilton HHonors members.
- Digital Check-In: choose your room, and customize your stay from your mobile device up to 24 hours in advance.
- Complimentary in-room and lobby Premium Internet access, during stays at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Canopy™ by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations™. Premium speed Internet may not be available at all hotels.
- Quick reservations and check-ins based on your room preferences
- Late check-out2
- Express check-out
- 2nd Guest stays free3
- Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs4
- Two complimentary bottles of water per stay (at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites Hotels™, Hilton Garden Inn™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™ hotels)
You can read more about all these benefits at the following link: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explore/benefits/index.html
I don’t find any elite status to be particularly valuable for Hilton, but it’s better than not having any status at all and I imagine a lot of people will have Platinum (or Spire) with IHG and have at least one paid stay (from promo chasing) with IHG so probably worth grabbing. Let me know if you succesfully status match from any other programs.
Hat tip to Mile Nerd