Published on August 26th, 2019 | by William Charles50
Hilton: Double Points Promotion September 9th – January 5th (Triple Points For American Express Hilton Cardholders)
Update 8/26/19: Registration is now working.
- Hilton has launched it’s latest promotion for all stays from September 9th until January 5th. Promotion is as follows:
- Double points on all stays (for non American Express Hilton cardholders)
- Triple points on all stays (for American Express Hilton cardholders when using that card)
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for stays completed September 9, 2019, through January 5, 2020 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PowerUp prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- You must check out on or prior to January 5, 2020 to be eligible for this offer.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before September 9, 2019 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after September 9, 2019 and prior to or on January 5, 2020.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period or Triple Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period for using a Hilton Honors Credit Card.
- “Double Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
- “Triple Points” means for each dollar spent using your Hilton Honors Credit Card on stays at a property within the Hilton portfolio during the Promotion Period, you will receive a bonus equal to twice the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
- Hilton Honors Credit Cards include: Hilton Honors American Express Card, Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card, Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, Hilton Honors Visa Classic Sumitomo Card, Hilton Honors Visa Gold Sumitomo Card, Hilton Honors Visa Platinum Sumitomo Card, Barclaycard Hilton Honors credit card and DKB German.
- For examples and further details, please see the FAQ page. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer.
- However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
This is a somewhat interesting promotion, especially if they continue to offer an increased rate for cardholders for future promotions as it could change the value proposition for keeping certain Hilton cards. That being said for most people this promotion is just very plain, double points is never enough to get me to even consider changing bookings whereas something like the IHG accelerate offers can be. It’s hard for hotel chains to find the right balance, but I don’t think this type of promotion is it. As always you need to register, so you might as well just in case you do end up staying at a Hilton hotel.