Published on March 17th, 2019 | by William Charles48
Hyatt 2019 Award Category Changes – 130 Increasing, 129 Decreasing [Last Day To Book]
Update 3/17/19: Today is your last day to book under the old pricing.
Hyatt is the latest hotel chain to announce property award category changes for 2019. The full list can be found here and will go live on March 18th. As long as you book before that date you’ll keep the price you paid if it’s increasing in price, if it is decreasing in price you’ll automatically receive a points refund. Some statistics:
- 259 hotels are changing category
- 130 properties are increasing in price
- 129 properties are decreasing in price
- 18 properties are increasing to category 5 (no longer possible to use the Chase free night certificate)
- 12 properties are decreasing to category 4 (now possible to use the Chase free night certificate)
Compared to other category changes this isn’t so bad, although I haven’t had an in depth look at the list as of yet.