I love covering bank bonuses, most of the new ones I find are complete shit but every now and then I come across a good one and I’m able to help readers get some easy money for little effort (like the First Tennessee $250 bonus that was available nationwide for a bit). The main problem I have is finding the bonuses, it’s not particularly difficult but it is time consuming. I thought about adding some affiliate links or more ads so that I could just pay somebody to find them for me, but didn’t think that’s particularly fair to readers.
So why not crowd source it instead? Below I’ll show you how to find bank bonuses (and how to send them to me).
Finding Bank Bonuses
- Find the bank/credit union/financial institution (we’ll just be using the word ‘bank’ from here on out to make things easier). Before you find the bonus, you need to find the bank! This should be pretty easy, I’d recommend starting with places that have branches near you and you already know the name of. If you want bigger lists of banks, those are pretty easy to find as well for example sites like US Bank Locations will let you look at banks by State and even City.
- Look on the homepage. Most bonuses are advertised on the home page (they usually have some sort of slider on the home page with a bunch of different promotions). If you can find a bonus here, don’t give up just yet.
- Use a google search. I use some basic google searches to find bonuses once I have the bank name (actually their website address), usually “site:bankname.com bonus” will work, but you can also try promo as well.
Not all bank bonuses are advertised online though, so keep your eyes peeled for things on local TV/Radio, moving packs and mail outs.
Sending Them To Me
Rather than just posting the links to these bonuses in the comments section (where one blogger in particular likes to steal them and not give any credit) send them directly to my personal inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Why Should You Bother?
There are a few reasons why you might want to help us out:
- You find the site useful. People often ask what they can do if they find the site helpful and my answer is always the same: share the site with your friends and let me know of any deals you see that you think I should cover.
- This gives me more time to focus on other things. If I’m not doing this, I’m doing something else (like trying to set up a forum, getting the site redesigned and onto a new server, writing new content etc etc).
- I do the heavy lifting for you. All you need to do is find the bonus, I’ll do the rest of the write up including look for data points on soft/hard pulls, credit card funding, what counts as a direct deposit, avoiding fees and the easiest way to get the bonus.
Obviously I don’t want anybody to waste a huge deal of time doing this, but if you have some spare time or just randomly come across a bonus I’d very much appreciate you letting me know about it.