Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Membership is open to all that live, work, or worship in Linn, Dickinson, Clay and Buena Vista counties in Iowa
- Direct deposit required: No, optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None
- First Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Set up a direct deposit or $300 or more Use your debit card to make 10 debit card purchases of $10+ (this info was on the mailer sent out)
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is an EATF or not.
Seems like a great deal as no direct deposit is required and there is also no monthly fee to worry about. We will be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Tim B
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times