Published on February 16th, 2019 | by William Charles5
[IL only] Home State Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in IL [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: March 31st, 2019
- Home State Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Print off voucher and bring it to any home state bank full service lobby
- Open a free express checking account
- Set up regular recurring direct deposits ($500 minimum per month) and eStatements
The Fine Print
- Express Checking offer is not available to existing Home State Bank consumer checking account customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the $300 offer, open a new checking account, which is subject to approval; deposit $100 or more at account opening; and have a $500 minimum monthly direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening.
- Your ongoing monthly $500 minimum direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as social security) from your employer or the government.
- After you have completed all the above checking requirements, we’ll deposit $300 in your new account within 30 business days
- . You can receive only one new checking account opening related promotional offer per calendar year.
- Offer ends March 30th, 2019.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees, but you need to opt it to paperless statements or you will be charged a $5.27 paper statement fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within six months the $300 bonus is forfeit
Nice sized bonus, we obviously need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull but you should be able to ask this before opening the account. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times