Published on June 23rd, 2016 | by William Charles40
[YMMV] KeyBank $400 Checking Bonus [AK, CO, ID, IN, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA only]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: AK, CO, ID, IN, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, a total of at least $500 within 60 days of account opening. Almost any ACH transfer should trigger this requirement, click here to see what has worked in the past.
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $100
- Monthly fees: None – $18, waive-able
- Early account termination fee: $25 if closed within 180 days of opening
- Expiration date: July 22nd, 2016
- Open a qualifying KeyBank checking account with the promotional code RETK0516 and receive a direct deposit of at least $500 or more within 60 days of account opening and receive a sign up bonus of $400.
The Fine Print
- You must open a Key Express Checking® (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Advantage®, Key PrivilegeSM, or Key Privilege Select CheckingSM by the expiration date and make one direct deposit of $500 at the minimum within 60 days after account opening to get $400.
- Offer code and reservation number required to redeem this offer. Offer is non-transferable. Coupon and offer code cannot be resold. Limit one gift per qualifying account. Limit one gift per individual.
- The gift will be deposited within 90 days of meeting requirements. If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.
- Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account® in the last 12 months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Key Express Checking $7 Monthly Fee
The monthly fee on this account is waived if you do either of the following each statement cycle:
- Direct deposits of at least $500
- At least 8 customer initiated transactions (any deposits, withdrawals, which includes transfers)
Early Account Termination Fee $25
If you close your account within 180 days, you are required to pay an early account closure fee of $25
Relationship Rewards $40 Fee
There is a $40 fee if you don’t opt out of their relationship rewards.
Normally these KeyBank promos have an e-mail option that also gives you a reservation number (as a reservation number is needed as well as the promo code), sometimes you can get these just by chatting with KeyBank – if anybody knows any other work arounds then let me know in the comments. A $400 bonus is as good as it gets for KeyBank and the requirements are quite low, so if you can get it to work I’d jump on this offer. There is also a $300 offer that does have the e-mail me a code feature.
We will add this to the best bank promo page if anybody works out a way to get reservation numbers easily.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank