Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 3/1/23: Extended until March 19, 2023.
Update 2/2/23: Extended until 2/28/23 (ht Thirdman)
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in select MO & KS counties:
- MO: Clay, Jackson, Platte, St. Louis
- KS: Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth, Miamia, Shawnee, Wyandotte
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: eStatements & provide e-mail address
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull, recent dp say soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: At least $5,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
November 30, 2022 December 31, 2022February 28, 2023
- Community America Credit Union is offering a $250 bonus. Bonuses are as follows:
- $150 when you open a new free Chiefs checking account and receive a minimum $250 direct deposit within 60 days of account opening
- $100 when you open a new High Interest Savings account with a minimum deposit of $1,000 within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive the $150 credit, you must meet CommunityAmerica Credit Union membership eligibility requirements and (1) open a new Chiefs Checking account, which is subject to credit approval, between 10/03/2022 and 11/30/2022 (members with existing Chiefs Checking or Cashback Free Checking accounts, or with Chiefs Checking or Cash Back Free Checking accounts that have closed within the past six months do not qualify), and within 60 days of account opening, (2) set up a recurring monthly direct deposit of at least $250, not aggregated. The direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits from your employer or the government and be deposited into the new checking account. Person to person payments (such as Zelle) are not considered a direct deposit. Within 30 days of meeting qualification requirements, a $150 credit will be posted into the primary account owner’s membership savings account. The account must be open and in good standing at the time of payout to qualify for the credit. Examples of ineligible accounts may include: delinquent accounts, accounts that have caused the credit union to experience a loss, accounts in which we suspect illegal activity, fraud, scam or financial exploitation, or accounts involved in legal or administrative proceedings.
HIGH INTEREST SAVINGS: To receive the additional $100 credit, you must meet CommunityAmerica Credit Union membership eligibility requirements and open a new High Interest Savings account between 10/03/2022 and 11/30/2022 (members with existing High Interest Savings or Delta Share Savings accounts, or with High Interest Savings or Delta Share Savings accounts that have closed within the past six months do not qualify), and deposit a total of $1,000 or more in new money into the High Interest Savings account within 60 days of account opening. The new money cannot be funds currently held by CommunityAmerica Credit Union. Within 30 days of completing the above requirements, a $100 credit will be posted into the primary account owner’s membership savings account. Members with existing High Interest Savings accounts do not qualify.
Limit one $200 credit per Chiefs Checking account and per member. Limit one $100 credit per High Interest Savings account and per member. Offers subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer. The credit(s) may be reported as income on IRS Form 1099-MISC.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I don’t see any early account termination fee mentioned. Last time this bonus was offered the accounts need to stay open for six months otherwise bonus was forfeited.
Not worth it due to the hard pull unfortunately. Checking bonus has been as high as $200 in the past as well.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times