Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Update 3/1/23: Extended until March 19, 2023.
Update 2/2/23: Extended until 2/28/23 (ht Thirdman)
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in select MO & KS counties:
- MO: Clay, Jackson, Platte, St. Louis
- KS: Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth, Miamia, Shawnee, Wyandotte
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: eStatements & provide e-mail address
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull, recent dp say soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: At least $5,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
November 30, 2022 December 31, 2022February 28, 2023
- Community America Credit Union is offering a $250 bonus. Bonuses are as follows:
- $150 when you open a new free Chiefs checking account and receive a minimum $250 direct deposit within 60 days of account opening
- $100 when you open a new High Interest Savings account with a minimum deposit of $1,000 within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive the $150 credit, you must meet CommunityAmerica Credit Union membership eligibility requirements and (1) open a new Chiefs Checking account, which is subject to credit approval, between 10/03/2022 and 11/30/2022 (members with existing Chiefs Checking or Cashback Free Checking accounts, or with Chiefs Checking or Cash Back Free Checking accounts that have closed within the past six months do not qualify), and within 60 days of account opening, (2) set up a recurring monthly direct deposit of at least $250, not aggregated. The direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits from your employer or the government and be deposited into the new checking account. Person to person payments (such as Zelle) are not considered a direct deposit. Within 30 days of meeting qualification requirements, a $150 credit will be posted into the primary account owner’s membership savings account. The account must be open and in good standing at the time of payout to qualify for the credit. Examples of ineligible accounts may include: delinquent accounts, accounts that have caused the credit union to experience a loss, accounts in which we suspect illegal activity, fraud, scam or financial exploitation, or accounts involved in legal or administrative proceedings.
HIGH INTEREST SAVINGS: To receive the additional $100 credit, you must meet CommunityAmerica Credit Union membership eligibility requirements and open a new High Interest Savings account between 10/03/2022 and 11/30/2022 (members with existing High Interest Savings or Delta Share Savings accounts, or with High Interest Savings or Delta Share Savings accounts that have closed within the past six months do not qualify), and deposit a total of $1,000 or more in new money into the High Interest Savings account within 60 days of account opening. The new money cannot be funds currently held by CommunityAmerica Credit Union. Within 30 days of completing the above requirements, a $100 credit will be posted into the primary account owner’s membership savings account. Members with existing High Interest Savings accounts do not qualify.
Limit one $200 credit per Chiefs Checking account and per member. Limit one $100 credit per High Interest Savings account and per member. Offers subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer. The credit(s) may be reported as income on IRS Form 1099-MISC.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I don’t see any early account termination fee mentioned. Last time this bonus was offered the accounts need to stay open for six months otherwise bonus was forfeited.
Not worth it due to the hard pull unfortunately. Checking bonus has been as high as $200 in the past as well.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
real dd 3/24/23 (only 1)
bonus post 3/28/23
There appears to be a glitch on their funding page. Once you fund the Chiefs checking account with your credit card, then you can not click on the “Next” button at the bottom right of the page. This was for P1 & P2. A workaround is to save the application after funding. Open the email from CommunityAmerica. Click on the link to finish your application. It will take you back to the funding page. Then set your previous funding to $0 and then you will be able to click on “Next” and finish the application.
3/7/23 Chase Freedom Flex posted as a purchase
Major hassle to apply. The application froze for me towards the end (after my $5k credit card payment went through on my CIC). Or more specifically I couldn’t click the correct boxes to accept the terms. Then they emailed me saying me experian needed to be unfrozen. After 20 min on hold they told me they actually meant TU needed to be unfrozen. Then they told me they need a form of ID and my SS card (!) uploaded. Still debating if I want to go through with it.
Applied from out of state and listed a real relative’s name and address where it asked on the application. No hard pull. I was declined and a rep reached out to me saying the application didn’t complete properly, but they were willing to help complete it and send it along. However they needed to verify my relative’s proof of address (bank statement, utility bill, or pay stub), so I declined so as not to bother family members with my churning antics.
I’m going to attempt to do this as soon as my Chase credit card comes in the mail. I have a real relative in the area too. Hopefully, they accept me right away, but I won’t be hassling my relative either if it doesn’t go through.
This no longer a hard pull. In addition to DP of Bryan , P2 opened an account and she did not get a hard pull.
Opened checking+savings account yesterday on 2/2/2023. Funded around 5k with a Chase Ink Unlimited and charged as transaction (same as DP below). Had all credit bureaus frozen so application went to pending. I called in and they clarified that they do a soft pull of credit so I unfroze TU and EXP and was approved.
Something else not mentioned is you’re eligible for the credit union if you have family members within the counties mentioned. From the website, “An eligible family member is defined as a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, aunt/uncle, niece/nephew, cousin or legal guardian and includes step, in-law and adoptive relationships.”
Chuck William Charles
Bonus extended to 2/28/23 – Likely due to KC making the Super Bowl
Yes! Go Chiefs! 🙂
Opened a checking yesterday on 1/24/23. Funded 5k with my new Chase Ink Unlimited and charged as transaction, perfect way to finish the majority of the 90K SUB. No immediate hard pull from any bureau but will keep an eye out to see if its delayed.
Thanks for the DP. Have 2k left on my SUB, will definitely take advantage.
Can anyone confirm Bryan ‘s DP that Community America no longer does a hard pull?