Published on September 14th, 2018 | by William Charles13
[Expired] [MA, NH, ME, RI] Eastern Bank $200 Checking Bonus
This deal has expired, you can view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must reside in MA, NH, ME or RI
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring deposit of $250+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes, sensitive
- Credit card funding:
Up to $2,000, American Express, Visa, Discover & Mastercard accepted(some comments are saying this is no longer available)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Bonus won’t post until 1/28/19
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: October 15th, 2018
- Eastern Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Eastern Free Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a recurring payroll, pension or government direct deposit of $250+ by 1/15/2019
The Fine Print
- A minimum of $25 is required to open an Eastern Free Checking account, $50 to open an Eastern eZ Checking, or $500 to open an Eastern Premier Checking Account.
- To receive $200 cash incentive, customer must open an Eastern Bank consumer checking account between 9/11/2018 and 10/15/2018 and receive a recurring payroll, pension or government direct deposit of $250 or more per direct deposit, posted to the new account by 1/15/2019. Electronic credits to the account other than payroll, pension or government benefits, such as person-to-person payments, transfers between your accounts at Eastern Bank and other institutions or brokerages, and payments through third parties such as Paypal or eBay do not qualify.
- This offer is valid for new consumer checking account customers, only.
- New customers are primary signers who have not had a consumer checking account since 9/11/2017.
- The account must also meet the following requirements at the time of qualification to receive an incentive: (a) Customer must reside in MA, NH, ME or RI only. (b) Customer must be age 18 or older. (c) Account must be open and have a positive balance.
- Incentives for qualified accounts will be deposited into customer’s account by 1/28/19 if the account is open and has a positive balance.
- The incentive may be deposited earlier if the account meets all the terms of the offer prior to 1/15/2019.
- Only one incentive per customer and one incentive per household. Customer will receive a 1099 form for this incentive.
- Please consult your tax advisor regarding the tax implications of this offer. Other qualifications and restrictions may apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee, but keep in mind the bonus won’t post until 1/28/19.
Previously they offered a bonus of only $100. This is an extra $100. Unfortunately it looks like you can no longer fund up to $2,000 with a credit card but I’ll happily be corrected on that. This will still definitely be added to the list of the best bank account bonuses though. Just keep in mind they are inquiry sensitive.
Big thanks to all the readers who sent this one in
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times