Published on July 31st, 2018 | by Chuck45
MetaBank Releases New ‘Happy’ Gift Card Line, Alongside their ‘Everywhere’ Line
The past few months, we’ve seen a new ‘Happy’ gift card line pop up, and now Giftcardmall sent out an email officially introducing it. The cards are issued by Blackhawk and backed by Metabank. Giftcardmall is owned by Blackhawk and is the biggest distributor of gift cards in stores and online.
There’s also a familiar ‘Everywhere’ gift card line which we’ll discuss in this post.
Since deals on these have come up and will probably come up in the future, I figured it’s worth a post laying out the options and to leave room for discussion with tips and tricks as well.
Happy Gift Cards
- Happy Lady – Use at any Lord & Taylor, Saks off 5th, Sephora, Cheesecake Factory, Spafinder, Panera Bread or Bed Bath & Beyond location in the US
- Happy Guy – Use at any The Home Depot, AutoZone, Dell, Buffalo Wild Wings, Lord & Taylor, Burger King or McCormick and Schmick’s location in the US.
- Happy Kid – Use at any Gymboree, Jamba Juice, Rainforest Café, Regal Cinemas or Buy Buy Baby location in the US.
- Happy Teen – Use at any Regal Cinemas, American Eagle, Nike, Dave & Buster’s, Sephora, Jamba Juice or Barnes & Noble location in the US.
- Happy Dining – Use at any The Cheesecake Factory, Red Lobster, Bravo Brio, Texas de Brazil or McCormick and Schmick’s location in the US.
- Happy Eats – Use at any Cracker Barrel, Dave & Buster’s, Panera Bread or Buffalo Wild Wings location in the US.
- Happy Bites – Use at any Peet’s Coffee, Panera Bread, Burger King, Jamba Juice or Noodles & Company location in the US.
- Happy Local Eats West – Use Use at any Buffalo Wild Wings, Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop, Sweet Tomatoes, Souplantation, Claim Jumper or Baja Fresh location in the US.
- Happy Beauty – Use at any Sephora, Spafinder, Lord & Taylor, L.A. Fitness or Sally Beauty location in the US.
- Happy Bride – Use at any Bed Bath & Beyond, David’s Bridal, JCPenney or Spafinder location in the US.
- Happy Student – Use at any Dell, Burger King, Bed Bath & Beyond, JCPenney, American Eagle, or Aerie location in the US.
These cards come in fixed value amounts as well as variable load with loads up to $500.
This Happy Card is good at any of the brands featured on the card in the U.S. Online redemption may not be available for all merchants. For questions, balance inquiry or customer service visit happycards.com or call 855-606-3494. By using this card, you agree to the Cardholder Agreement at happycards.com. Treat this card like cash; no replacement if lost/stolen. Not reloadable; no cash redemption except as required by law. Funds do not expire; if Valid Thru date has passed, call for new card. Happy Bites Gift Card issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC; distributed and serviced by Blackhawk Network California, Inc. Covered by Blackhawk Network Patent, blackhawknetwork.com/patent.
The terms have an important qualifier indicating the gift card may not work online for all merchants. My guess is that the exclusion is for places like restaurants, and that it’ll work for places like Nike and Bed Bath & Beyond online without a hitch. We’ll see.
If you see a deal on the Happy gift card line, some of the best values found here are: Home Depot, Nike, and Bed Bath & Beyond. Of course the best deal is the one you can use up.
For now we’re assuming the terms are enforced and the gift cards will only work at these select merchants, not at other merchants within the category. Let us know if you find otherwise.
I don’t know if these gift cards can be resold, e.g. can I resell a Happy Guy gift card as if it’s a Home Depot gift card? Maybe someone will try this out.
Everywhere Gift Card Line
The new ‘Happy’ line is somewhat similar to the familiar ‘Everywhere’ line which is also a Blackhawk/Metabank product and works only in select categories. Some people have also experienced these cards working in more creative places, e.g. Walmart. I’ll add in any interesting data points into the post – hopefully we can make this a consolidated post for information on these cards.
- Grocery Everywhere Visa – works at Walmart for some, and obviously will work at grocery stores
- Dining Everywhere Visa – works at Walmart for some, works at many grocery stores (including Fred Meyer)
- Style Everywhere Visa – works at Walmart for some
- Fuel Everywhere Visa – works inside Speedway stores, and they sell gift cards there (1), and works at some grocery stores that have gas stations attached (1); works at Costco Gas (1).
- Movies Everywhere Visa
- Explore Everywhere Visa
The ‘Everywhere’ line is supposed to work at all stores within the category, making it much easier to use. For comparison, the Happy Dining card only works at 6 restaurant chains while the Dining Everywhere card should work at any of thousands of eating establishments which have the credit MCC category of Dining. Both the Everywhere line and the Happy line are Visa branded cards with a card number, expiration, and CVV; however, the Happy cards are limited to select stores and don’t work in debit mode at all while the Everywhere cards work in entire categories and can function in debit mode using the last 4 card digits as the PIN.