Published on July 4th, 2019 | by William Charles107
[Military & Retired Military] Air Academy Federal Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus – No Direct Deposit
Update 7/4/19: Deal has been extended until September 30th, 2019
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
Update: Looks like even military and ex military need to be within the foot print.Open to all active and retired military plus employees, students & families in 10 local school districts. Eligible groups listed here.
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: 4 debit card transactions within 30 days of opening for full bonus
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
April 30th, 2019 May 31st, 2019September 30th, 2019
- Air Academy Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Kasasa checking account by September 30th, 2019. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn $50 for each debit card purchase you make, up to a limit of 4 ($200 total) within 30 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Receive up to a $200 bonus when you open a Kasasa checking account with opening deposit of $200.
- Bonus of $50 paid per AAFCU debit card purchase, up to a max of 4 purchases, made within 30 days of account opening.
- Bonus paid within 1 business day from date qualifying purchase(s) posts and clears account.
- Offer valid on personal accounts only and limited to 1 account per member.
- Bonus considered taxable income.
- Must mention offer at time of account opening for bonus eligibility.
- Offer not valid for current AAFCU Kasasa account holders or member with accounts closed within the past 180 days.
- Offer subject to change without notice.
- Membership requirements apply; over 250 ways to join.
- Restrictions and requirements apply.
- Offer valid until 4/30/2019.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
All three checking accounts have no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is an early account termination fee of $10 if closed within six months of account opening.
We need to know if this is a hard or soft pull to open, if it’s a soft pull then I definitely think it’s worth doing if you’re eligible as the requirements are very easy to meet and there are no monthly fees to worry about. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times