Published on October 21st, 2019 | by William Charles4
[Expired] [Norwalk, CT only] Mutual Security Credit Union $250 Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Norwalk, CT branch only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: Maintain an average daily balance of $5,000+ for 3 months
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: November 17th, 2019
- Mutual Security Credit Union is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account at their new Norwalk location and complete the following requirements:
- Establish a direct deposit (no minimum mentioned)
- Maintain an average daily balance of $5,000 for 3 months
The Fine Print
- Offer only applicable to new memberships opened at MSCU Norwalk with checking accounts.
- Not valid for existing account holders. $250 will be deposited into the checking account after ninety (90) days of establishing direct deposit and maintaining an average monthly balance of $5,000
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Back to basics checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule
Has the potential to be a good bonus worth doing, but we need to know if it’s a soft or hard pull to open. As it requires opening in branch it should be possible to ask before opening the account. If anybody goes for this deal then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times