Published on October 2nd, 2019 | by William Charles52
[Rate Change] [NV only] Greater Nevada Credit Union – Aspire Checking 3% APY On Balances Up To $50,000
Update 10/2/19: Rate is now only 3% (down from 4%), definitely worth taking a look at the other high yield savings accounts now available.
Update 8/30/19: Readers report getting an email from GNCU about an upcoming rate change; beginning October 1, 2019, the rate will drop to 3%, and the max will be lowered from $50,000 to $25,000.
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 4% APY
- Minimum Balance: None
- Maximum Balance: $50,000
- Availability: NV only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: 9 debit card transactions, eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $5,000
- Monthly fees: $15, Avoidable
- Insured: NCUA
- Greater Nevada Credit Union is offering 4% APY on balances up to $50,000 on the Aspire Checking when you meet the following requirements
- Have at least 9 debit card purchases post and clear
- Have one Direct Deposit post and clear
- Receive online eStatements
The Fine Print
- “Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one day prior to the first of the month and ending one day prior to the last day of the month (ex. July 31-August 30 for August statement). Transactions may take one or more business days from the transaction date to post to an account from the date the transaction is made.
This account has a $15 monthly fee, this is waived if you meet the requirements for 4% APY. They will also rebate up to $15 in out of network ATM fees if these requirements are met.
They also have a checking account that gives you $10 monthly for meeting similar requirements. As far as high yield savings accounts go, this is one of the best. 4% APY is one of the top rates available and the maximum balance of $50,000 is much higher than competing banks.