This bonus has expired, click here for a list of the best checking bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Online account opening eligible for New York State and Fairfield County residents only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, minimum of $250
- Additional requirements: No
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Cannot be funded with a credit card
- Monthly fees: $0-$10
- Early account termination fee: $0
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive a sign up bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account with Ridgewood Bank with the promotional code ‘200good’. Bonus broken down as follows (requirements must be met within 60 days of account opening):
- Receive $100 when you enroll in direct deposits of at least $250
- Receive $50 for performing ten debit card transactions
- Receive $50 for enrolling in eStatements
The Fine Print
- Minimum $25 to open a checking account
- This offer may not be combined with any other offers and applies to checking account customers only.
- This offer is limited to one checking account per tax ID#.
- You will receive promotional compensation as follows if you use the promo code and the required actions are performed within the first 60 days of opening your checking account: $50 if you sign up and receive eStatements; $100 for direct depositing a minimum of $250 from a recurring Direct Deposit of payroll, Federal/state government benefit, or pension benefit; $50 for using your debit card ten times to complete a signature or PIN transaction.
- Promotional compensation will be credited to your checking account within 30 days after the qualifying time period passes (90 days). Existing checking account customers are eligible if the promo code is provided and the required actions are performed after the start date of this offer and prior to the offer’s termination. Bonus will be considered interest and will be reported to IRS form 1099-INT.
- Online account opening eligible for New York State and Fairfield County residents only
They have a free checking account, it’s free as long as you have one of: online banking, a direct deposit or combined total balance relationship of $2,500.00 in your Ridgewood deposit accounts. I couldn’t find any mention of an early account termination fee in their fee schedule, so I’m going to assume there isn’t one.
This is a nice bonus, it’s easy to keep the account fee free and you can get $100 of the bonus without a direct deposit requirement. No credit card funding is a bit of a downside, but not the end of the world. If I lived within the target area, I’d be completing this deal. Because of this we’ve added it to our list of the best bank account bonuses currently available.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
Hat tip to Danny Deal Guru